Monday 16 February 2015

january fabric haul

january fabric haul


chambray & gingham


liberty & check fabric

I went a bit wild last week. At the highest point of my Japanese sewing book fever, I bought fabric. LOADS of it. I had told my husband I was quitting my super-consumer ways and it was going quite well until this happened.
Now that it's all washed and pressed, I am feeling less remorseful about my slip-up. Look at it all! So beautiful! From bottom to top, we have:

 a light blue, soft chambray with a lovely rainbow selvedge
a proper, woven cotton gingham in blue and off-white
a fine cotton lawn in tiny, woven checks
Liberty needlecord in a pixel-confetti print
Liberty tana lawn in a grey/black floral print

The tiny check lawn came from Croft Mill and the rest is from Mandors in Glasgow. I wish I'd taken a note of the Liberty designs, but I forgot. Nothing was more than £10 a metre, including the Liberty designs which were all half price.

I'm not going to stash these away (I have no more room for stashing), so these will all become garments, starting with Stylish Dress Book dress E (the one from the cover). 

1 comment: