Friday 14 January 2011

hannah waldron prints










I have just discovered the work of Hannah Waldron, a London-based printmaker, and I am most approving. She has made prints for all sorts of cool people, such as the V&A, Paul Smith and The Poundshop (which I want to visit soooo badly).

I like that she finds her inspiration in the geometric shapes of everyday objects like rooftops and windows. She shares a lot of her work and thought-process on her totally brilliant blog, (which I have been reading all day instead of working...) and sells some of her prints on her own webshop.

The bottom two prints are from her blog and they remind me of still lifes by Elizabeth Blackadder, which I love and will post about later. Promise.

I am torn between the open edition of windows and the cosmic-looking print she did for Art is Proof Press. Guys, what should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment