Sunday 16 January 2011

sewing tova

fabric for tova tops

a denim tova: placket

a denim tova: seams

a denim tova: pinned

I thought I'd share some action shots of my sewing. Aren't they exciting?

I took a few days over the winter holiday to make a denim version of the wiksten tova shirt. Phew, it was tough. My dressmaking skills are probably 'advanced beginner' , so I had to really focus with this pattern. Plus, I was loaded with the cold which meant I was even fuzzier. I took it very slowly and carefully followed the instructions (excellent instructions, might I add). I only had to rip one seam out and overall I was pretty happy when I was sewing it, in part because I listened to Adam and Joe's Christmas podcast, but mostly because I understood what I was supposed to do and took time to make sure I did it right. Ah, sweet contentment.


No comments:

Post a Comment