Monday 6 September 2010

my new desk

making my desk trestle

oak worktop and trestle

my new desk

desk in the sun

pinocchio pencil

A couple of weekends ago, Stephen made a desk for me. We bought a couple of trestles from IKEA (where else?) and Stephen had a piece of solid oak worktop that he cut down to the right size. I put it at the window in our spare room because it has lots of light, a beautiful view and a radiator at my feet for winter.

It's been ages since I've had a desk and I was really excited to have somewhere I could work on projects without having to clear it all away come dinnertime. So far, my desk is home to my awesome vintage chrome lamp (Stephen doesn't think it's very awesome, but I love it), the beginnings of a crochet project and a jar with my favourite pencils and things from mieke willems' much-missed shop.

Thank you for my lovely desk, Stephen. One day, we might even fix the top to the trestles instead of just sitting it there, but for right now, it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment