Monday 8 November 2010

happy socky-socky, happy sock, do-do-de-do


koigu socks

toe

heel

heel close-up

koigu socks + oxfords

Check me out! I am very proud of my adventure in sock-making. I used this miracle of a pattern and it went off without a hitch. I was excited and nervous about making these. I've never spent so much on so little yarn before, but I really wanted a pair of socks that I could LOVE. And knitting with the yarn was actually exciting. No, really. I had no idea how the yarn was going to resolve itself. Where all the colours and speckles were going to end up. Handpainted yarns are magical and magic, well, it's priceless.

The bottom picture is me in my Toast oxfords, with my trousers rolled up. I think the socks really save this look. Without them, I'd just look silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment