Monday 8 November 2010

the wrong coat


sessun parka

sessun parka drawstring

sessun parka hood

Remember I posted about this coat? And I went on and on about how I really wanted it and everyone was all, 'shut up and just buy it already'? Well, I did. And I love it. I bought it from the lovely folks at Goodstead. It was basically a smash-and-grab affair - I barely tried it on, checked that it wasn't ginormously big and handed over my card. I was in the shop just long enough to eye up the new APC Madras line and fall in love with a cardigan (coming later - it deserves its own post).

So, back to the coat. The outer fabric surprised me - it's a very soft, brushed twill and very, very addictive to touch. Not waterproof, says Practical Me, but I hardly ever listen to her - she's a real naysayer. It has a removable padded lining, but the coat is so snuggly I can't imagine ever taking it out. It's a bit long in the arms and there aren't enough pockets for my taste, but everything else fits nicely and the hood is actually big enough for me (hoods and hats are not my friends. I don't have a big head, I have big hair. 'S truth). Love the colour and the braided leather cords are super cute.

It is, however, the WRONG coat. It's not the one in the picture. It's close, but not the one. My friend Eve has bought the right coat. I am such a dummkopf.

2 comments:

  1. That is one capacious hood - LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a biggie. I can even wear my hair up in a ponytail and it STILL fits! I think the people at Sessun must live in my HEAD.

    ReplyDelete